>>Right now
>>the US and Canada make up almost 50% of the entire world
>>market for digital cameras.
>
>I seriously doubt these numbers (can anyone check this up?). Not long ago
>numbers were published that showed another scenario; the US were quite a
>bit behind Europe and Japan as the biggest digital markets. The digital
>market share in units, as opposed to value,  has exceeded 50% in Japan and
>certain European markets.

Personally I don't think the figure is accurate too (although I have no
information on that). It's hard to imagine people up here would buy all
those high tech toys when most of them are still using aged cell phone
(don't take it an insult pls), not to mention other grandold AV equipments.
It's unlike the market in Japan, people always opt for the latest high tech
toys (just check out their 2ndhand retailers and u know what I mean).

regards,
Alan Chan