Hi all,

I made it back to NZ in one piece.  Flights were nice and smooth but
I'm really feeling the effects of 26 hours flying plus 13 hours of
jet-lag, and more security checks and paper forms than I care to
remember.  LA had more forms but Auckland had more checking
(including sniffer dogs).  My last flight landed at 8:20am in a -4deg
(celcius) frost; its a bit cold down this way today... and I have to
try and stay awake all day :)

Had a few new toys to play with, the FA*400mm f/5.6 which seems to be
in pretty good condition, and the Z-1p grip which is very nice (it'd
be even better if I used my right eye).  I took the 400mm out for a
spin in the park earlier but I am so tired I had to give up and bake
my brain on the internet until its late enough to go to bed.  What
little impression I have of it is that its quite nice to use.

I tried out the 6x7 TTL prism finder I bought at Photographica, the
one I thought was broken because I couldn't see the needle.  Well it
definitely functions but it is in need of calibration.  Flipping the
switch to "on" brings the needle into view but its a couple of stops
out, as far as I can tell.  The needle swings back out of view when
switched off.  My new Rodenstock 3x loupe for 6x6 is very nice, if I
do say so myself.

I had a look through about a dozen rolls worth of prints.  Got some
nice photos of Cotty and Bob W but they won't be made public without
permission :)  Also have a couple of bad pictures of Peter's monster
lens.

Its really strange using a real computer again after two months of
being stuck with a laptop... boy does this screen look big now.

Cheers,

- Dave

http://www.digistar.com/~dmann/ (out of date)