Am 16.12.21 um 20:22 schrieb John Sessoms:

Someday I might do the same for my old LPs. There's an audiophile shop
here in town that has a record cleaner ..

No need.

This video has taught me how to do it:

http://www.vinyl-lebt.de/assets/images/CheapThrill.wmv

The brush I'm using is a goat hair brush available on Amazon as a
replacement for the "Okki Nokki" record washing machine. Costs about 14
euros on Amazon. As a liquid, I use 9 parts demineralised water (sold in
supermarkets for ironing), one part isopropyl alcohol and one (!) drop
of dishwasher liquid. For drying use ordinary kitchen paper towels as
shown in the video.

Works perfectly well here. There's a record shop just across the street
and their super duper machine doesn't clean any better. But they charge
1,50 euro per record.

Ralf

--
Ralf R. Radermacher  -  Köln/Cologne, Germany
Blog  : http://the-real-fotoralf.blogspot.com