On Thu, Apr 14, 2022 at 09:01:38AM +0200, Alan C wrote:
> John, as Dan said, those are fine images. All tack sharp. I used to get
> colours like that with the K7 but not with the K5.
>
> Alan C

Re:  <http://jfwaf.net/albums/M1X%20Test%20Images/>

Thanks to all who commented.

I can't really take credit for the colours or the sharpness - Olympus
(and whoever makes the sensor) deserve most of the praise for that.

My contribution was deciding where to point the camera, and picking
a small enough aperture to get at least some amount of depth of field
on the flower close-ups - the camera took care of the rest.

It's a learning experience for me - switching to u4/3 from the APS-C
sensor of the K5 (and the different aspect ratio of the two systems)
is interesting (and occasionally challenging), but definitely fun.

Things I have learned so far:

  o I still prefer a viewfinder, but having a rear screen is good.
    Having one than can be flipped out, rotated, etc. is even better.

  o The Olympus shutter release is hair-trigger sensitive!

  o The auto-focus is lightning fast (and accurate). That's good,
    because having a smaller sensor affects the depth of field.

I've not as yet got anywhere near pushing the new camera to its limits;
it supposedly offers significantly better Image Stabilisation (SR),
and has an AI-based focus tracking mode that understands motorsports.
But at the moment I'm concentrating on getting to know where all the
controls are (there are buttons all over the body, and almost all of
them can be re-programmed to do something other than their default).
I've got used to the Pentax control layout - I haven't owned any other
brand of SLR since I purchased my Spotmatic II (50 years ago!)
--
%(real_name)s Pentax-Discuss Mail List