The second shot is a keeper - very clear sharp profile of the lady... as for the other two.. get Lee to do the releasing for you :-)

ann

On 5/11/2022 12:49 AM, Daniel J. Matyola wrote:
It's still too early to raise and release Monarchs, so I started first with
a small group of Painted Lady caterpillars.  Five of the six emerged from
their chrysalises today, and I released them this evening.  Documenting the
releases was a bit tricky, as I had to hold the camera with one hand while
using the other to remove each butterfly from the net cage and let it fly
off on its own.  The third image in this set is experimental;  I can't yet
decide whether I like it or hate it.

http://dan-matyola.squarespace.com/danmatyolas-pesos/2022/5/11/release

K-5 IIs, smc DA 18-135hour mm F 3.5-5.6 ED AL [IF] DC WR
Comments, criticisms, questions, and suggestions are invited and
appreciated.

Dan Matyola
*https://tinyurl.com/DJM-Pentax-Gallery
%(real_name)s Pentax-Discuss Mail List