FWIW, I've NEVER watered the "grass" around here, but for some reason it still grows & I have to cut it every week or so during the summer.

On 9/6/2022 8:25 PM, John Francis wrote:
On Tue, Sep 06, 2022 at 11:50:57PM +0100, Steve Cottrell wrote:
Here, down to a balmy 21 or so daytime, big fat low revolving over us dumping
good amounts of rain. The grass has lost the bright yellow glow and patches of
green are returning. Rain til the weekend. Happier days.

Cot

What is this grass of which you speak?   :-)

I stopped watering the grass several years ago when it became painfully obvious
that:

   1) California didn't have enough water to meet existing requirements,
      let alone the increases expected from population growth.

   2) It was extremely unlikely that California would be able to get the
      votes required to change the allocation system, so there was no way
      to prevent long-established agriculture, etc., having first rights
      to take as much water as they wanted to grow crops; there wasn't
      even a way to require efficient irrigation systems (too expensive)
      or to prevent crops such as almonds (or even hay) being exported.
--
%(real_name)s Pentax-Discuss Mail List

Vivere in aeternum aut mori conatur

www.avg.com