It was recently observed that there is almost no discussion of Pentax gear, or
even gear for your Pentax, on this list lately.

Let's get this kick started:  What gear is on your shopping list, or at least
your wish list? Why do you want it?  Why haven't you bought it yet?

The two major pieces of kit on my "want" list, are the DFA 24-70/2.8, and the
K-3 III.

Over the past couple of weeks, I've kind of wanted a weather sealed, "fast",
daily driver lens.  I already have a Tamron 28-70/2.8 and the DFA
28-105/3.5-5.6 which is WR.  So I do have weather sealed in that range, and I
do have a f/2.8 lens in that range.  I also have the 16-50/2.8 which works just
fine on my K-3.  So, I already have the lenses that pretty much surround that
specific bit of functionality.

As to the K-3 III, what I really want would be a K-1 III, a K-1 with all of the
nifty features they've added to the K-3 III (though I don't really need the
fancy pentaprism for the larger field of view, because it's already bigger),
plus a modern sensor.  The K-3 was released almost 7 years ago, I mostly use
mine these days when I either want a wide angle of view, with a fast lens, or
when I need the best sensor performance available to me in challenging light.
I would not be surprised if when you compared the final images, the K-3 III
sensor outperformed the K-1.

Since a K-1 III isn't available, or even announced, there are a lot of things
the K-3 III does better than my K-1, but I have barely had a chance to take any
photos at all the past year, and I haven't really had any chance to photograph
in conditions where I'm up against the performance limits of either of my
Pentax camera bodies.  I have very little reason not to hold off on buying a
K-3 III until either the price drops, or they sell a major upgrade to the K-1.

The 85/1.4 is also kind of on my wish list, but the pricing is such that it
barely qualifies as an idle fantasy.

--
Larry Colen
l...@red4est.com.   sent from Mirkwood