Couldn’t you just buy them all a Leica M11 and a selection of lenses?

Something a bit more practical could probably be done in software. My phone and
my bike GPS both have a ‘Guest’ mode whereby you can limit the functionality
when you lend the device to someone. On the GPS it’s for people who run
self-guided cycle tours - you put in the routes and that’s all the client can
use except for emergency contact.

It would probably not take much to program a manual-only mode into a DSLR.

For the new Pentax they wouldn’t go far wrong if they just revived something
like the P30/P3 and 2-3 PKA lenses.