Am 01.05.23 um 17:42 schrieb Paul Stenquist:
I scan slides on my Epson V850 Pro flatbed scanner. ... The epson will scan
them at 4900 dpi native, generating very nice hi-kres files.

You might as well scan at 2400 instead of 4800 and save a lot of time.

From the test report by filmscanner.info:

"In the scan our our USAF-test chart at 4800 ppi resolution (left
image), the horizontal lines of the elements 5.3 and the verical lines
of the element 5.5 can just be distinguished. According to our
resolution chart, this equals an effective resolution of about 2300 ppi."

https://www.filmscanner.info/en/EpsonPerfectionV850Pro.html

See also:
https://www.sebastian-schlueter.com/blog/2017/3/10/optimum-resolution-sharpening-settings-for-epson-scanners

Ralf

--
Ralf R. Radermacher  -  Köln/Cologne, Germany
Blog  : http://the-real-fotoralf.blogspot.com