> On 26 Jun 2023, at 21:18, Ralf R Radermacher <fotor...@gmx.de> wrote:
>
> Am 26.06.23 um 20:42 schrieb Bob W PDML:
>> ...until I got the first roll of film back, which very clearly showed
>> significant shutter lag.
>
> So, that's what it's called. Just copied it into my vocabulary book. ;-)

You’re welcome.

>> I hope the MX surgery is successful too, lovely cameras.
>
> Indeed. I had a LX and a MX, at one time. Much preferred the MX because
> of it's smaller size.

I now have an LX too. I like them as well. I had three at one time in the 90s.

> Still had to give it up because I need a +1 diopter correction for the
> viewfinder since I've got my first varifocal glasses. Seems quite odd as
> nobody else does. Have been discussing this with a lot of people,
> incuding the optical engineers at Zeiss, Rodenstock and Essilor, but
> noone has been able to explain this.

I use varifocals, but when I’m taking pictures I take them off.

I have the diopter in the LX finder cranked up to its maximum of +1, which is
fine.

I have +1.5 diopter things for my Leica Ms; the Barnack Leica has an adjuster
built in.

I have a Pentax viewfinder correction attachment which I use on the MX, which I
swap between it and a P30 that I have.

My LUMIX GX8s have a dial that sets the diopter correction.

The only camera I have which I can’t correct is a Minolta Hi-matic 7s that I
bought a few weeks ago. I’m still waiting for the first film to come back so if
they’re all out of focus I won’t know if it’s my fault or the camera’s!

--
%(real_name)s Pentax-Discuss Mail List