In SA with up to 8 hours Load Shedding per day & subsequent switch on
surges, the insurance claims have skyrocketed. Mostly TV's, Fridges &
Aircons. The insurance companies have now "eliminated" their risk by
insisting on a surge protector fitted to the DB by a certified electrician.
Too expensive for most of us so we now have individual surge plugs on
sensitive appliances.

Alan C