I posted pics of my first cheapass weather resistant camera cases a couple of
weeks back.  I've set up the next two for cameras and lenses.

For the cases that have a spot for a camera body, I'll need to make
compartments for the camera straps.  For the third case, I'll need to make
compartments for either a few lenses, and/or accessories like flashes. I figure
that I'm about $160 into them for materials, $90 for the cases, $50 for the
foam, and the rest is things like reflective tape, sales tax etc.  I'm not
counting tools that I used the project as an excuse to buy, like the $60
cordless multitool.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/1JTA4jxGw4mniNQX9

The first case (orange)
https://photos.app.goo.gl/qBJiJwnhtBrd4w658
has room for a body, and pretty much all of my "not huge" lenses that'll work
on a "full frame" sensor.  My DA35 macro does vignette a bit, but it's too
handy and small not to include.

The second case (blue)
https://photos.app.goo.gl/9Un7aQKeLi8an3x97
has my "huge" lenses, the ones that are so big and heavy that they'd take the
space of three other lenses in another case.

The third case (green)
https://photos.app.goo.gl/D3iXF4SRuaAskBZUA
https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZCwh5KaydiieU4a59

Is nominally my APS case. It has my K-3, and my APS lenses (16-50, 18-270,
55-300), but since when I'm traveling I generally keep my long lens (bigma) on
the K-3 and wider glass on the K-1, I set it up so that I can also carry the
K-3 with either the bigma or the 70-200, so it'll be ready to go if I see an
interesting critter I want to snap.

I'll eventually cut compartments for other things, like flash accessories.  I
suspect that before too awful long I'll need to buy another chunk or two of
foam and redo them as my needs change, and/or I learn more things that I didn't
do quite right for my needs.

I wouldn't use these cases when flying, but then I wouldn't ever check my
cameras as baggage.  They're a lot sturdier than the cloth camera bags I have
been using, make at least an attempt at being water proof, and are a lot less
expensive than Pelican cases.

--
Larry Colen
l...@red4est.com.   sent from Mirkwood