I agree with having a/some simple patch(es) and a/some complicated one(s),
also to illustrate GEM. I'm not sure about the others because those
pictures won't be there to be really studied, rather for a quick glance.
They could be placed under the text, between paragraphs, or in column at
the right side of the text.

Meanwhile, I think, the text could be put online, and pictures could be
added when they are ready. Marco, would you take action on the text, please?

András