Dear Edwinia, List

> On Apr 7, 2024, at 1:09 PM, Edwina Taborsky <edwina.tabor...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> And I also am a strong supporter of Peirce’s three categories, with the
> interplay between Firstnerss [ randomnness, chance, freedom]; steady-state
> interaction [Secondness] and the development of new habits of organization [
> Thirdness]. One can explain a capitalist economy using all three categories.

Your exuberant assertions are a bit beyond my amateurish  reach.

I am curious about these theses from the perspective of CSP theory of
categories with respect to your understandings of semiosis and semantic
closures.

In the “A New List of Categories”, CSP describes the meaning of his terms and
then asserts:

"BEING
        Quality                         (Reference to a Ground)
        Relation                        (Reference to a Correlate)
        Representation  (Reference to an Interpretant)
SUBSTANCE

The three intermediate conceptions may be termed accidents.”

(The punctuation is reproduced from the Essential Peirce, Vol 1., page 6)

I am attempting to sort through the terms in light of “icons, indices, and
symbols”.

Can you briefly connect to an understanding of “BEING”?
Can you briefly elucidate the threads of reasoning that connect this view of
“SUBSTANCE”  to the conclusions in economics?

Yes, I know that you may find these to be “Philosophy 101” questions, but I
have been reading a bit of Metaphysics in recent months…

Michael, your thoughts are equally welcomed.

Cheers

Jerry