From:   Kirsti Määttänen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent:   Sun 5/7/2006 12:59 PM
To:     Peirce Discussion Forum
Subject:        [peirce-l] RE: Entelechy

Neal,

A good quote you brought up. The entelechy or perfection of being
Peirce here refers to is something never attained to full, but astrived
at, again and again.

Just as with science and scientific knowledge. It's about striving to
approach, better and better, The Truth. If there ever would be an end,
the absolute perfection of knowledge, that would mean an end, which
would be in contradiction with  life and living. Life and living IS
striving - with some kind of an end. Never the last possible.

Welcome to the list!

Best,

Kirsti Määttänen

  Dear Wilfred: