From: "Drs.W.T.M. Berendsen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Peirce Discussion Forum" <peirce-l@lyris.ttu.edu>
Sent: Saturday, June 17, 2006 3:12 PM
Subject: [peirce-l] Re: 1st image of triangle of boxes (MS799.2)

So, who are the we who need how to get the money? I mean, are there already
people working on getting things digitalized? SO yes, 80.000 pages is a lot.
But I can hardly imagine it would cost more than 1 dollar per page or so to
get it digitalized? And should be able to do that job within 2 years or so?
With more people and some more equipment, some months?? Yes and maybe
special lightning. But still not milliard dollar I suppose?? I think it is
first of all needed to get exact figures about what such digitalization of
only the Peirce pages at Harvard would cost. The camera's "we" would
probably be able to just borrow or get from some good supplier of this
stuff. And time to do so decreasing it to just put more persons on the job.

I myself would be willing to think about ways to get this done. As it also
interests me a lot. And it is just important that this happens as soon as
possible.

Does anyone here have contact info for the Charles Peirce Society. And any
other foundation or society working on encouragement of study/communication
of Charles Sander Peirce. And maybe some good contact address at Harvard,
the people there responsible for the Peirce collection.

Kind regards,

Wilfred