hello

i'm working on a photo gallery for my site
which uses gd to resize pictures, this strips the exif metadata from the
image file

my plan was to grab the exif data first (this was ok), then add it back
to the resized image (this was not ok)

first, the images reverted back to their original state (or another
state of lower quality at the original full size)

then i was thinking of trying to simply add the exif data, but since
there is no exif data, the appropriate tiff object cannot be retrieved
to be modified

is there a simple workaround for this?

or am i going about this wrong?

my code is a part of a larger code base, so i'll just try to post
relevant, simplified code

$jpeg = new PelJpeg();
$jpeg->loadFile($fullFilePath);

$exif = $jpeg->getSection(PelJpegMarker::APP1);
if (is_null($exif)) {
     return null;
}
else {
     $tiff = $exif->getTiff();
     $ifd0 = $tiff->getIfd();

     $tmp = $ifd0->getSubIfds();
     // store all relevant fields (aperture, iso, shutter speed, etc.)
in an array/structure

     // resize and watermark image using gd (strips the exif metadata)

     // re-apply original exif metadata

     // and write back to the file
     file_put_contents($fullFilePath, $jpeg->getBytes());
}

ideally what i need, is a way to add exif data to a new file (one that
has no exif data), is this possible?

thanks
dave

--