Martin Geisler wrote:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>

>>> Try printing out the result of get_resource_type() on your image;
>>> mine said 'gd' so I hope all image resources will say that, but one
>>> never knows -- I didn't find any documentation that promised that
>>> 'gd' would be returned.
>>>
>> i did try this, and it did indeed say gd, just the exif data wasn't
>> being retrieved
>>

> Okay, it's good to know that the 'gd' answer is consistant. Thanks for
> testing it.

ok, i worked out the exif problem with the resource, the resource i was
working with, had already been modified by gd, so the exif data was gone
>>> You can also try and activate the debug mode by calling
>>> Pel::setDebug(true); That should tell you more about what PEL is
>>> doing.
>>>
>> i'll try this tonight, and see if it tells me something about the
>> exif data
>>

> I used the debug output extensively when initially developing PEL, but
> I haven't used it as much since. So it could very well be that it
> should be adjusted.
>
> So you might want to insert calls to Pel::debug(...) in the code
> yourself to get more information.

i just think that it is a problem (it is fine for single images, or a
few images, but for a gallery it is definitely an issue), one that i'm
not sure if there is an easy workaround, that the whole image is loaded
into memory to retrieve the exif data
i'm sure you are aware, and that you have looked at, trying to load only
the exif data from an image, without loading the whole image
and also, writing exif data to an image, without loading the image into
memory
eg. something like
$exif = PelJpeg::getExif($filename);
PelJpeg::setExif($newFilename, $exif);

i am not that great at lower level programming, so i can't really help,
and i'm sure this is not an easy task, or you'd have done it already

but keep up the good work

http://dtracorp.com