From: Pham Hoai Van [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, December 21, 2006 12:11 AM
To: 'Discussions on the development of PEL'
Subject: RE: [PEL] PelIfd.setThumbnail (PelDataWindow $d) doesn't work!

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your answer. It still doesnt work although i update latest
version of PEL from svn and change my code as follow:

//insert to img
$jpeg = new PelJpeg("./I1.JPG");
$exif = $jpeg->getExif();
$tiff = $exif->getTiff();
$ifd0 = $tiff->getIfd();
//create thumbnail img
$img = imagecreatefromjpeg("./I1.JPG");
$thumb = create_thumbnail_image($img, 0.1); //create a thumbnail image with
size = 10% of its org
$ifd0->setThumbnail(new PelDataWindow($thumb));
//write to file
file_put_contents("./out.jpg",$jpeg->getBytes());
function create_thumbnail_image($source_img, $zoom_percent)
{
//calculate new width and height
// $width = imagesx($source_img)*$zoom_percent;
// $height = imagesy($source_img)*$zoom_percent;
$width = 160;
$height = 120;
//create return img
$ret_img = imagecreatetruecolor($width, $height)
or die ('can not create new image');
imagecopyresampled($ret_img, $source_img,
0, 0, 0, 0, $width, $height, imagesx($source_img), imagesy($source_img));
ob_start();
ImageJpeg($ret_img);
return ob_get_clean();
}

This time no exception is thrown but it seems the original thumbnail image
is not replaced with the new one. Maybe it's just appended. You can see it
in the attached image. FYI, i wanna set new thumbnail image because after
some manipulations on image received from a mobile device, the exif info is
lost. So i need to add it again at the server side.

Regards,
VanPH.