We're still looking for an economist--unlike academia, we have not been
deluged with applications.  We are a research office of eight (three PhDs
and an opening with the departure of another), and there is some time to do
research of one's choice in addition to the policy research needed by the
state.  We're in a lovely location.  The full job
description is below, and the requirements are flexible--experience in
forecasting would be great.  Please contact me if you have questions but
might be interested.

Marianne Hill [EMAIL PROTECTED]
601-982-6376
                        ******************
University Research Center, Jackson, Mississippi is seeking a senior
economist, with background in:
       regional economics
       state and local public finance
       economic development

The University Research Center conducts research on a variety of state and
local issues including revenue estimation, economic development impact
analyses, tax analyses and population forecasting.

The economist hired would conduct a wide range of applied research in the
areas of public finance and regional economics.  The individual may work
closely with University personnel, legislative research staff and the state
tax commission.  Ph.D. in relevant field and demonstrated ability to
conduct quality pragmatic research.  Experience may substitute for Ph.D.
Statistical, econometric modeling and computer skills are required.  Good
written and oral communication skills are required.

Salary range: $40,000 -55,000 depending on experience.

Contact:  Dr. Phil Pepper
          Center for Policy Research and Planning
          Mississippi Institutions of Higher Learning
          3825 Ridgewood Road
          Jackson, MS 39211

          601-982-6742

An equal opportunity employer.