Treacy: McDonalds had the smallest size meat patty in the industry but
        due to chains such as Rallys putting out a .99 cent burger,
        others such as Wendys cut prices by introducing "value" menu
        items. This past summer McD increased the size of their burger
        increasing their costs.  Arby has larded up their fries to taste
        like the ones Doug finds so tastey from McD. You can look at
        franchised fast food as solving an information problem.  How do
        you get predicticable mediocare food in strange places?  Under
        the Golden Arches.
[EMAIL PROTECTED] copyrighted