Joe Medley wrote,

>Tom's two word dismissal of Reading
>Capital and Anders' disingenous demand for *any* example of a pomo approach
>that would satisfy *his* criteria, are not cute coming from adults.

I wasn't trying to be cute. I was responding in kind to Gerald Levy, who
perhaps was trying to be cute -- I don't know.

I'm happy to go back to my original complaint about not being able to
determine, in a 20 minute perusal, whether Derrida's Spectre of Marx would
be worth buying and reading. I assure you that I accord much less than 20
minutes to most new books that come into the bookstore. I don't even pause
as I walk past the self-help section or the new age shelf. Perhaps your
argument is that I should buy and read all books before passing judgement on
whether any particular book is more or less worthy of my concentrated
attention. Perhaps if I was a character in a Borges short story, I would do
just that. Failing that, what is wrong with the simple request that an
author (or the publisher) provide some clue as to what a book is 'about'?
Otherwise, I'm buying a pig in a poke.
Regards,

Tom Walker, [EMAIL PROTECTED], (604) 669-3286
The TimeWork Web: http://mindlink.net/knowware/worksite.htm