I plead guilty -- well sort of.  I don't know any country that wants to make
progress toward a market economy.  I know that some people may want that.  Others
may be convinced that it is in their best interest.

I guess an outsider might say that the US wants to privatize social security, but
for me, I don't think that countries are thinking entities -- or if they are -- I
don't have the expertise to know what they want.

--
Michael Perelman
Economics Department

Tel. 530-898-5321