>Posted on 29 Apr 1997 at 11:20:25 by TELEC List Distributor (011802)
>
>[PEN-L:9707] Re: globalization question
>
>Date: Tue, 29 Apr 1997 08:19:00 -0700 (PDT)
>From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (rakesh bhandari)
>
>If Indonesian capital can escape the contradiction between production and
>consumption through the export of consumer goods--as suggested by Jim-- why
>can't US capital escape the same contradiction through the export of
>investment goods to markets in Asian and Europe? In other words, hasn't the
>"globalization" of investment demand allowed US capital to escape the
>limits of insufficient domestic consumer demand and thus terminate the
>Marxian contradictions?
>
>Rakesh Bhandari
>Ethnic Studies
>UC Berkeley

Yes.  I believe this is the model Lipietz and others paint when they
speak of global fordism.

Marsh Feldman                               Phone: 401/874-5953
Community Planning, 204 Rodman Hall           FAX: 401/874-5511
The University of Rhode Island           Internet: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Kingston, RI 02881-0815