Doug,

this is a classic case in which the operation was a success, but the
patient died. It would be amusing if it weren't so tragic to see the
maintstream media commentators doing back-to-back stories praising the
government for its neoliberal economic policies, only to switch to
heartfelt observations about how mean things are getting on Canada's
streets, how the number of homeless is burgeoning, how Vancouver has the
highest incidence of drug-related HIV infection in the developed world,
etc.

Happy Neoliberal Holidays to All, and to All a Good Night

Sid