> .  .  .
> Right now one of the only signs of optimism is the fact that bands like
> Rage Against the Machine are among the most popular among angry white
> youth.  .  .  .

There's some new group from Britain called
"Chomba Womba" which is supposed to be left-wing.
The name alone is promising.

> One of the things that got discussed here a while back was a PEN-L Web
> Page. .  .  .
> I would volunteer to work on a project like this. It would do a lot more to
> change society than sterile discussions about the labor theory of value.

You probably wouldn't have to do any actual
research, since there is tons of material already
on the web.  What does not exist is a web page
that serves as a hand-holding 'tour guide' that
could provide a narrative and links to where the
facts are, as opposed to a mere list of links.
In the process of following this treasure
hunt, the reader would get acquainted with a wide
variety of progressive web sites.

If you want to do the work, I can suggest some of
the sources, as could others here.

MBS

Max B. Sawicky           Economic Policy Institute
[EMAIL PROTECTED]         Suite 1200
202-775-8810 (voice)     1660 L Street, NW
202-775-0819 (fax)       Washington, DC  20036

Opinions here do not necessarily represent the
views of anyone associated with the Economic
Policy Institute.