> From:          Robin Hahnel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> My neighborhood consumption council will request neighborhood public
> goods like side walks and play ground equipment for local parks. .  .  .

This sounded no different than the routine
operation of local government.  What is new and
improved in the decision-making process, aside
from the likely non-existence of special
interests stemming from capital ownership and
the absence of commercial inducements to private
consumption?  Wouldn't there still be special
interests stemming from other factors (e.g., my
block versus yours) even with no private
ownership of capital?

By 'proportional share,' do you mean we are
financing everything via head taxes?

Cheers,

MBS

Max B. Sawicky           Economic Policy Institute
[EMAIL PROTECTED]         Suite 1200
202-775-8810 (voice)     1660 L Street, NW
202-775-0819 (fax)       Washington, DC  20036

Opinions here do not necessarily represent the
views of anyone associated with the Economic
Policy Institute.