On Wed, January 7, 1998 at 20:50:43 (-0800) [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>I assume that if society presented better opportunities even our happy sex
>worker might have chosen another path.

Mike, while I agree that "Prostitution is just a commercialization of
another human relationship", hence a degradation of it, why do you
assume that having sex for a living is not one of the "better
opportunities"?  Is my programming job superior to it?  Your academic
position?  If so, how so?

Perhaps given the best opportunities people will choose to work in the
sex industry.  Perhaps given a better world, people will freely trade
sex in whatever democratic utopia we create.

Bill