Date: Thu, 08 Jan 1998 19:48:17 -0800
Sender: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
From: Michael Perelman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: The End of Prostitution?

I don't know about the rest of you, but the arguments seem to be
recycling.  Susan's belated mention of gender was the only new thread.

Should we put this one to bed?
--
Michael Perelman
Economics Department

Tel. 916-898-5321
E-Mail [EMAIL PROTECTED]

OK, I'll write no more on the topic--for now. I just wish that the
pain and fear and terror that I have seen in the eyes of all the "sex
slaves", "sex peons/serfs" and "sex workers" I have met and been
touched by could be as summarily wiped out as the discussion on the
issues.

                                 Jim Craven

*                             "Who controls the past,               *
*  James Craven              controls the future.                   *
*  Dept of Economics           Who controls the present,            *
*  Clark College             controls the past." (George Orwell)    *
*  1800 E. Mc Loughlin Blvd.                                        *
*  Vancouver, Wa. 98663  (360) 992-2283  FAX:  (360)992-2863        *
*  [EMAIL PROTECTED]                                                *
* MY EMPLOYER HAS NO ASSOCIATION WITH MY PRIVATE/PROTECTED OPINION  *