> I don't think that we are making much headway here. Max and Nathan approve of the
> Dem's strategy.  Others don't.  The proof:

I challenge anybody to show that I have said
anywhere that "I approve of the Dem's strategy."
First of all, there is no "Dem's strategy."
There is no "Dem's," and there is no strategy.
There are diverse groupings of Dems, none of whom
have any strategy, as far as I can see.  Nor do I
think EPI has a strategy, for that matter.

You could say I think positive, incremental,
reformist proposals from Dems should be
supported, and that in the absence of any left
alternative, Dems should be voted for in
preference to Republicans, but that an
alternative politics based on direct action and
independent political organizing needs to be
pursued.  To me these are all complementary
activities.

MBS

Max B. Sawicky           Economic Policy Institute
[EMAIL PROTECTED]         Suite 1200
202-775-8810 (voice)     1660 L Street, NW
202-775-0819 (fax)       Washington, DC  20036

Opinions here do not necessarily represent the
views of anyone associated with the Economic
Policy Institute.