On Sat, April 18, 1998 at 09:02:22 (+0100) Mark Jones writes:
>William S. Lear wrote:
>
>> Nothing like a little exaggeration to help one's argument, is there?
>
>Oh, yeah? Try this for size, from today's London Times (note the final
>optimistic sentence). As for Doug Henwood's false optimism, since you share the
>same disease (myopia) to an even greater degree, you naturally don't even notice
>it: besides, Doug is subtle.

I just knew you would totally avoid my challenge and resort to ad
hominem attacks.

I asked you for a simple quote from Doug, whose opinions you have
blatantly exaggerated; just one measly quote from him, which would
show Doug "praising to the skies the technologies and heavy industries
and growth trajectories", as you claimed.

I might ask for even a sliver of evidence showing that I "share the
same disease (myopia)", but I suppose that would be asking too much,
and would probably provoke another irrelevant post from you.

Bill