C. Mark,

        No, it wasn't any V-8 it was a little stinking Midget that I loved
although it had more problems than a normal car owner can conceive of.
Actually it might have been early 80's but I think it was late 70's.  I
bought it very much used.  It was a poor substitute for the '63 MGB that
my Dad had when I was kid, or even the post-British-Leyland '68 B that
died of consumption or rheumatism or something in the early 70's. What
British Leyland did to that brand was a crime (although frankly My Dad
reports that the '63 had quite a few problems before it got wrecked in
'67).

        peace