Dennis R Redmond wrote:

>> Tom Schlesinger - who's putting Fed transcripts up on the Financial
>> Markets Center website
>
>What's the URL on this? I spidered for this and came up empty.

It's not up yet; lots of text to input.

When I talked to Tom yesterday, he pointed out how boring most of the
transcripts are - in contrast, say, to the transcripts of LBJ's cabinet
meetings. Nothing, in other words, like this morsel reported in the NY
Times Book Review the other day (reminding us how apt his surname was):

"Johnson found it difficult to sustain his rationality in dealing with
war critics. During a private conversation with some reporters who
pressed him to explain why we were in Vietnam, Johnson lost his
patience. According to Arthur Goldberg, L.B.J. unzipped his fly, drew
out his substantial organ and declared, 'This is why!'"

Doug