Barkeley, while attempting to cool tempers, just poured more fuel on the
fire.  I would love to see this list provide useful information for
social change.  Instead, we just claw at each other.

Look, Louis had said some nasty things to me personally and on pen-l at
one time.  I don't care.  I like 99% of what he writes and look forward
to his posts.

I am on Jerry Levy's list.  I learn from what he writes.  I have heard
about his disputes.  I don't care about them.

I consider Bill Mitchell a good friend.  He is angry with me and dropped
off pen-l because I would not let myself get involved in a personal
matter.  The other party rebuked me because I did not come to his
defense.

Mark Jones may have said terrible things elsewhere.  He has refrained
from responding.  I appreciate it.

Look, I want pen-l to get involved with substantive matters.  Every day,
people starve or get slaughtered by brutal regimes, the powers of
capital increase, and we act like clowns getting involved with petty
disputes.  These disputes do not sound petty to the parties involved.
Indeed, real personal hurt was created.

I am sorry, but I think that we have more important fish to fry.

Let us see some posts that help people to get a handle on the world so
that we can begin to make changes.

And, quoting Rodney King, who was arrested some time ago in my home town
of New Castle, Pa.: "can't we just get along?"

--
Michael Perelman
Economics Department

Tel. 916-898-5321