On Thu, September 24, 1998 at 00:43:43 (EDT) [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>----------  my point being that when you 'condemn' rich people for being rich
>yet the rising tide that has allowed that 'richness' to effloresce also raises
>all the boats in the harbor, including the poorest 80% -- which if the tide
>hadn't risen would still be dying of various septic diseases and living a
>short and squalid life (as opposed to today's long and [relatively at least]
>culturally wealthy life, eh?

I condemn the rich because they live off the labor of others.  They
are not what has caused the tide to rise, notwithstanding the
propaganda you have evidently swallowed.

This is, however, entirely beside the point for considerations of
wealth distribution, which you have conveniently ignored (again).

Bill