Tom Kruse wordlessly delivers this > >From a Salomon Smith Barney blurb:
> "Given worldwide economic turmoil and our outlook for slowing profits
> growth, we have been recommending that investors focus on defensive names
> with topline growth and strong earnings visibility. Stocks within the
> defense industry have typically provided a haven from such slow-downs, as
> government defense spending is largely immune to economic influences...

Why be speechless, Tom; aren't they the guys who make money "...the old-
fashioned way"?  Well, they certainly mean it, don't they?  What can have
a longer track record than the commerce of war?!  As for the sickeningly
amoral literalism: it's good, assuring that Madame LaFarge over there
won't miss a single stitch.
                                                                     valis