Maggie's note reminds us of the importance of independent sources of
information.  The big agro-chemical companies are in the process of taking over
departments in the universities, for example Novartis in Berkeley and Monsanto in
Davis.

We're heaping an enormous toxic overload on ourselves and the environment, while
the public mood, at least in the upper reaches of political sphere is for more
and more deregulation.

Instead, we get O.J. then Monica, and now Littleton -- while forgetting that
schools presently being bombed in Serbia.

--
Michael Perelman
Economics Department

Tel. 530-898-5321