Sam Pawlett wrote:

>  An interesting example is Monika Stevenson's
> book _Kiss The Boys Goodbye_. She says there were MIA/POW's in Vietnam but the
> CIA left them there

This is an interesting case to illustrate how destructive concpiracy
theories are of intelligent left analysis. I suggest you read one of
the finest books ever written on the Vietnam War and American
Culture: H. Bruce Franklin, *M.I.A. or Mythmaking in America*
(New York: Lawrence Hill Books, 1992). There was a sloppy
conspiracy of sorts, and the likes of Monika Stevenson were
among its perpetrators, and Sam has apparently fallen for it
hook, line, and sinker.

Franklin's book is one of those which from the first glance is
clearly a classic achievement.

Carrol