I don't at all agree that the WSJ has honest reporting. Whenever , I read it it has
the same slick demogogy that the rest of the monopoly media does.

Here's an article in 9/13/99  "If Detroit Rebounds, Robert Slattery Can Claim Some
Credit" . The story doesn't seem very honest to me. Sounds like making a hero out of
real estate ripoff artist. It has the same big lie that "Detroit is rebounding now
that Coleman Young is out and Dennis Archer is in ". That's the fundamental demogogy
of this article. There has been all kinds of real estate development in Detroit over
the years of Coleman Young's years. The Eastside had lots of new housing. That isn't
in the article. Take my word for it, this WSJ article on Detroit is disceptive and
misleading.

What the WSJ may report accurately is the business news. because the business class
needs to know the truth. I mean they can't misreport that Motorola acquired General
Instrument. But the politcal and cultural stuff is as much bourgeois propaganda as the
NYT: "True but false".

What I meant by gems are not rare is the "gems" of the type that you sarcastically
referred to in the article by Jarvis Tyner. You didin't really mean that was a gem did
you ? Well , the WSJ is full of such false gems. Plus, a lot of discussion of actual
"precious stuff".

Anyway, the WSJ certainly seems loaded with news of monopolization and big financial
institutions, how is _Imperialism_  off on that ? How are Hedge Funds not financial
capital as Lenin analyzed ? Of course, we can't freeze Lenin's thought, but must
ceaselessly move it to the present - and move based on that fresh thought. But just as
Marx's ideas are a basis, extrapolated, for understanding today, so are Lenin's.

Charles Brown

Charles Brown wrote:

>Whereas in the Wall Street Journal gems are far from rare.

True. It's a great newspaper. Even the tension between the editorial
and news pages is interesting; it's fascinating to speculate why the
monied want clear, honest reporting of the news, but when it comes to
reflecting on the news, they prefer such tortured, dishonest crap.

Doug