> Date:          Mon, 20 Nov 2000 15:44:39 -0800
> Can I ask you about works, in which established positive relationship
> between financial development and economic growth (for example, works by
> Ross Levine (World Bank)). What is you opinion about it? And can I find
> anywhere neomarxist critics of such works (I know some postkeynesian
> critics (Ph. Arestis, P. Demetriades)?

It's been about a decade since I looked hard in the literature. The
best marxian overview of the financial deepening issue probably comes
from Gary Dymski, right? or additionally, post-1980 studies by Robert
Pollin, Simon Clarke, Alain Lipietz, Gary Green, Paul Burkett? or
going to wider and more dated sources, Mandel, de Brunhoff, and of
course Grossmann...?

Ahem, in a Third World context, my own meagre contribution to the
marxian theory of finance and *uneven* development (a PhD thesis
under David Harvey) is in Uneven Zimbabwe: A Study of Finance,
Development and Underdevelopment (Trenton, Africa World Press, 1998);
I can forward, offlist, my theory chapter to the comrade if
desired...
Patrick Bond ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
home: 51 Somerset Road, Kensington 2094 South Africa
phone:  (2711) 614-8088
work:  University of the Witwatersrand
Graduate School of Public and Development Management
PO Box 601, Wits 2050, South Africa
work email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
work phone:  (2711) 717-3917
work fax:  (2711) 484-2729