There have been a number of threads recently on Pen-l which
reflect the super-nationalist navel gazing of Americans.

First, I would ask Brad De Long.  If he had a ballot for president
that included Adolf Hitler, Benito Mussolini and Ramsey McDonald,
who would he vote for?

Second, I would ask Doug why we shouldn't hope that the
American working class doesn't get hammered into poverty,
disease and death since they have been supporting governments
and policies that have been prescribing such medicine for the rest
of the world.

US policy is so disgusting, probably reaching its most offensive
under Clinton/Gore, that Nathan's and Brad's defense of the
genocidal Demigods is positively stomach-wrenching.  When will
Pen-l begin to recognize that there is a world outside the US and
that there are more people there than in the privileged US who are
suffering from the imperialism of US capitalism,  which was
advanced more by Clinton/Gore than the Repugs.  After all, it was
Gore who championed the drug companies against the dying in
South Africa.

God, these whole threads are disgusting and pitiful.

Paul Phillips,
Economics,
University of Manitoba