Re: "God Is On Our Side."
Thank God They're on Our Side: The United States and Right-Wing
Dictatorships, 1921-1965
David F. Schmitz
University of North Carolina Press
Pub. Date: May  1999
Table of Contents
 Acknowledgments
 Introduction. Our Sons of Bitches 3
1 Peace Must First Be Riveted: The Republican Response to Revolution and
Dictatorship 9
2 The Origins of the Good Neighbor Policy: The Quest for Order in Latin
America 46
3 From Accommodation to Appeasement to War: The Roosevelt Administration and
Fascism in Europe 85
4 Disreputable Governments or Allies? The Truman Administration and
Right-Wing Dictatorships 125
5 Thank God They're on Our Side: Eisenhower, Dulles, and Dictators 178
6 New Frontiers? Kennedy, Johnson, and the Return to Intervention 234
 Epilogue. Carter, Kirkpatrick, and Right-Wing Dictators 293
 Conclusion 304
 Notes 311
 Bibliography 347
 Index 365