Greetings Economists,
    Doug Henwood writes,

Ok, we're on the PEN-L bear watch again. What do you think we should
do if the market keeps falling? Just what does it mean that it does?
If it means a very bad economy ahead, what does that mean? Right now
you're sounding like the color guy in the ICU, and not much else.

Doug

Doyle,
I remember two years ago raising that there was going to be a crash in the
economy from the bubble.  Over time it has become clear that your position
is to question the concern for this country as it is plunged into an
economic debacle that was foreshadowed by the obvious bubble in the Stock
Market.  Here you admit that certain kinds of questions ought to be raised
perhaps five years ago, but you only raise them as an opening to criticize
the left for saying the obvious that Stock Market bubbles lead to economic
devastation.  What is to be done?  I think as far as the economy is
concerned to understand IT and use it to our benefit in organizing the
working class in new ways.  This means having the science and economics
understood.  I mean computing science, I mean neuroscience, I mean
biological science, I mean electrical engineering science etc.  I mean
materialism.  I mean Marxism.  I ask you since I have been waiting for
months to respond to your book on the "New Economy" about the science of the
"New Economy".  About how to understand organizing in that sort of networked
society. I believe you poopoo the "Networked Society" as no different
economically than the time when the telegraph was invented (1860 time
period) and perhaps not as glorious in terms of economic development.  I
want to debate about what are the directions we ought to take in a networked
society?  About what the working class can do to organize in an environment
where telecommunications transforms work processes.  Where brainwork is
being subject to capitalist "rationalization".

It may be that given the power of the U.S. that little could have been done
in the last two years, but I can tell you this, that in those two years at
least in my geographical area, a real fight has been mounted against the
corporatist (Clintonites) take over of Pacifica.  And that a committee of
disabled people emerged locally to do battle over that.  That the disabled
community is rising not over the economy which is always in a depression for
the disabled, but in fighting for a left position.

In particular the fight against Peter Singer, against Marc Cooper, and
others of their ilk who stand ready to oppose the disabled.  As Marc Cooper
has aptly stated in his fund raising broadcasts in LA that this is a "fight
to the death", and the disabled are the intended victim of repression as
they spearhead their Neo-Liberal agenda.  I look forward to organizing
against anti-disabled thought and such committed and determined foes of the
disabled.

Secondly in gay rights an anti-pomo position is going to be articulated and
the fight for justice brought up in liberationist ways amongst my people.  I
am active in that arena, and we'll have much to say in the coming time.  I
hope to see coalition building between disabled activists like Kitty Cone
(strategist for 508 legislation) and the gay community.  That people with a
real revolutionaries consciousness come forward and fight for working class
rights.  For red rights.  Light the way for red rights!

Thirdly amongst African Americans there is going to be a rising as this war
against Muslims goes on.  This racist war upon Muslims depends upon the
cooperation of minorities in the U.S. to go forward.  Let's see how much the
Bush administration can do when the world economy is in a bubble related
collapse.  How far they can go in persuading this country to fight for
capitalism.  I think they know full well once things gets past the button
pushing stage of warfare that things will be up in the air.  And that time
is on the side of liberation.

What I hope to see is coalition building between disability firebrands like
LeRoy Moore of DAMA and the broader Gay rights and African American
Communities to build up a mass left movement of liberation in the U.S.
Certainly LeRoy is friendly toward that coalition.

That we thank George W. Bush for the opportunity to organize against the
repression and mass murder of capitalism.
thanks,
Doyle Saylor