reform and rev
by Rakesh Bhandari

>CB: I am not familiar with Pashakunis' liquidation specifics,
>although I believe it was after the Bolsheviks were dissolved into
>the CPSU.

How convenient that you are not familiar with the history of the
Soviet Union that you have defended on email lists for six years!

^^^^^^^^

CB: I am familiar with the history of the Soviet Union. Do you think the specifics of
the death/murder of Pashakunis is a major event in the history of the Soviet Union ?

>I recall in reading Pashakunis wondering why a Marxist lawyer
>wouldn't start with private property as the root of study rather
>than contract and circulation, as Pashakunis did.

He does start with private property, especially in regards to the
peculiar property that workers as putatively self possessed juridical
subjects alienate freely on the market. Whether he makes the
transition to production of surplus value is another subject, but
failure to do so would be grounds for critique, not murder, I would
think.

^^^^^^^

CB: The workers' are not the main owners of private property in capitalism.
Nonetheless, what do you think is the important contribution in Pashakunis' writing ?

What would be grounds for murder ?