Devine, James wrote:

> Mark Jones writes:>Those  who want to silence such authentic voices of
> the oppressed women of the South as Vandana Shiva are its servants.<
>
> could you name someone who wants to _silence_ Shiva? as opposed to
> simply disagreeing with her opinions and thus being willing to
> criticize them?
>
> (BTW, is it some government that wants to silence her? people on the
> left don't have the power to do so.)

I think I know whom Mark is referring to. There is a graduate student in
Sweden named Bo Husqvarnaquistholm who is closely aligned with Bjorn
 Lomborg, the self-described skeptical environmentalist who favors
global warming, genetically modified food and keeping the beef fat on
Mcdonald's french fries. Husqvarnaquistholm is working on a dissertation
as I understand it which implicitly defends the need to reintroduce DDT.
He argues that if Great Britain survived without condors, so can the
rest of the world. Husqvarnaquistholm is not only completely wrapped up
in this ideology, he is also a bit manic it seems. Well, when Shiva
showed up at his college last year to speak on GM crops, he attacked her
with a chainsaw. As I understand it, she survived with minor cuts and
scratches.

--

Louis Proyect
www.marxmail.org