Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

> >Currently, the best analogy perhaps to the U.S. occupation is the
> >Japanese invasion of China.
> >
> >Carrol
>
> What's missing, alas, is a strong force of secular leftists against the Empire:

Indeed.

In any case, all friends of the Iraqi people elsewhere can do is exert
as much pressure as possible for the unconditional withdrawal of u.s.
forces, since the longer the forces are there, the greater will be the
chaos and bloodshed after their withdrawal.

And incidentally, I still think that it is really not possible to _both_
support Kerry _and_ continue to build the anti-war movement. It is
essential that we keep front and center that Kerry will be a more
dangerous imperial warrior than Bush. We will have our work cut out for
us next January regardless of who wins in the election, and I think that
work should absorb _all_ of our energy, none left over for 'supporting'
(however critically) the likes of Kerry.

Carrol