Michael Berg, the farther of Nick Berg who was executed by an
Islamist militant group in Iraq, speaks to Robin Young of Here and
Now, a radio program on WBUR.  Robert H. Reid of the Associated Press
reports: In the video of Berg, the executioners said they had tried
to trade him for prisoners at Abu Ghraib. 'For the mothers and wives
of American soldiers, we tell you that we offered the U.S.
administration to exchange this hostage for some of the detainees in
Abu Ghraib and they refused,' one of the men read from a statement."
Did Bush sacrifice Nick Berg, refusing to negotiate with the
hostage-takers, without telling Nick's family?  More on the subject
at
<http://montages.blogspot.com/2004/05/michael-berg-on-radio-here-now-wbur.html>.
--
Yoshie