Sabri Oncu wrote:

> Joel:
>

> > I just refuse to accept the "the worse a situation
> > is, the better it is" argument that too many people
> > on the left hold.

I find it notable that those who spin this ridiculous canard _never_
quote particular leftists -- it is an urban legend, and passing it on
without documentation is pure obscurantism.

The point is an empirical one: The situation is in fact going to get
worse the longer the u.s. invaders stay there. This is simply a fact,
left planning that does not recognize it belongs in the pages of _Alice
in Wonderland_. Recognizing the fact has no relationship to the urban
legend of leftists saying the worse the better.

Joel is confusing the message with the messenger, and whining that the
messenger is not bringing better news, when there is no better news to
bring.

Carrol