ken hanly wrote:

> The BSers of the world have united. The revolutionary result is mainstream
> economics..

For many years I taught a course in ancient (greek) literature in
translation -- including the Odyssey and the Oresteia. One of the
problems was convincing the students that, yes, "Homer" (the Odyssey
poet that we call Homer for lack of an actual name) and Aeschylus really
did believe in the existence of Zeus, Athena, et al. In the future (if
we have a future) I suspect teachers of twenty-first century history
will have an even more difficult time convincing their students that
anyone ever really believed mainstream economics!

One of the gimmicks I used a few times in the class was to paraphrase a
few premises of mainstream economics and point out that the Greeks
really had better reason to believe in Zeus and Athena.

Carrol