In a message dated 8/5/04 11:41:52 AM Eastern Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

I take any attack on anyone on the basis of mental illness as a personal attack. I.e., as far as I am concerned Brian's post boils down to the proposition that "Cox is a
shithead."

there is a slippery slope between the person and the culture. . .that's what Frank and others argue. I'm an anthropologist, and recognize that different cultures can be said to possess metaphoric "personalities" that shift with historical struggle. . .

I presented no evidence that I thought of Mr. Cox in such a crude manner. To disagree is not a mental illness. . .

Brian